Al Amanah Islamic Investment Bank of the Philippines (AAIIBP) or simply Amanah Islamic Bank is committed to protect and respect your privacy to ensure that you continue to trust the Bank with your personal information. The Bank is at the forefront of not only implementing but also complying with the Data Privacy Act of 2012. We are committed to adopt and observe appropriate standards as required by Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA), its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR), issuances of National Privacy Commission (NPC) and other relevant laws of the Philippines.
As you read this Privacy Notice, please keep in mind that this applies to all branches and offices of Amanah Islamic Bank and to all its employees regardless of their employment status. This Notice also applies to the personal information that we collect for the purposes of providing you with products and services the Bank offer. This Privacy Notice will help you understand what personal data we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it.
By using the Bank’s official website or by giving us your personal information, you agree to the terms and practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to this, please do not use our website or provide us any personal information. We may be updating the Bank’s policy from time to time to reflect customer feedback and changes in our products and services. We encourage users to frequently check back on this page.
WHAT SERVICES DOES THE BANK PROVIDE
The Bank offers various deposit and loan products which include Islamic deposit accounts and Islamic financing. The Bank have business tie-ups with other banks for remittance services both domestic and international remittance. Some of our branches have collecting agreement with local utility providers to accept your payments.
For more details regarding the Bank’s Products and Services, please visit our Products and Services webpage.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION THE BANK COLLECTS
The Bank process and collect personal information for a lawful purpose connected with our business functions and activities as mandated by Republic Act No. 6848, known as Charter of Al Amanah Islamic Investment Bank of the Philippines.
Personal information refers to any information, whether recorded in material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual. This includes your address and contact information.
Sensitive personal information refers to personal information about an individual’s race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical or political affiliations. It is also about an individual’s health, education, genetic or sexual life of a person, or any proceeding for any offense committed or alleged to have been committed by such person. Any information peculiar to an individual which includes, but not limited to, social security numbers, previous or current health records, licenses or its denials, suspension or revocation, and tax returns.
We collect personal information that you provide to us for a specified purpose, including:
- Personal information you give us directly by filing out bank forms and other similar and related documents;
- Personal contact information, including any information allowing us to contact you in person (i.e. name, home or mailing address, e-mail address, phone number and mobile number);
- Demographic information, including date of birth, age, gender, location (e.g. zip code, city and state);
- Consumer feedback (i.e. comments, suggestions, and other feedback related to the Bank’s products and services) for product development and improvement of the Bank’s services; and
- Financial information to establish a sound business relationship with you, so that the Bank can continuously provide you our services. When you apply for any of our products and services, the Bank collect personal and sensitive information about you that will allow us to validate your identity, paying capacity and credit history for purposes of collection of payments for the products and services that you will avail from us.
LIMITS ON USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Bank only collect, process and disclose personal information in connection with the Bank’s lawful business functions and activities as mandated by Republic Act No. 6848, Charter of Al Amanah Islamic Investment Bank of the Philippines, and in accordance with existing legislations such as Republic Act (RA) No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012, RA No. 1405 or the Law on Secrecy of Bank Deposits, and all related Laws, Circulars and Issuances of our regulators.
The personal information we collect may be used to:
- Process recruitment or employment application(s) as well as management of employees records;
- Update our database or customer information records;
- Process the borrowers’ financing or loan application(s);
- Facilitate the borrowers’ payments;
- Process the clients’ deposit account application(s);
- Facilitate the clients’ deposit and withdrawal transactions;
- Process the customers’ remittances to and from other banks;
- Process and answer customers’ inquiries or to contact our clients to answer questions and/or requests;
- To address consumers feedback (i.e. comments, suggestions, and other feedback related to the Bank’s products and services) for product development and improvement of the Bank’s services;
- Authenticate the identity of depositors and/or borrowers and its paying capacity;
- Provide reports to other government agencies pursuant to Republic Act No. 9510 or Credit Information System Act, RA 9160 or Anti-Money Laundering Act and other applicable Laws; and/or
- Provide information as required by regulators such as Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR), Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), Civil Service Commission (CSC), Governance Commission for GOCC (GCG), Philippine Deposit Insurance Corporation (PDIC), National Privacy Commission (NPC) and other agencies, both private and government, in accordance with their mandate.
You are not required to provide the personal information that we request, but if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services, or we may not be able to respond to any complaints or queries you may have.
Under any circumstances, the Bank will never ask for your passwords, PIN codes or any similar security codes to process any of the products and services that you want to avail from us.
WHEN, HOW AND WHY PERSONAL INFORMATION ARE COLLECTED
As stated in Section X806 of BSP Circular 706, series of 2011, A covered institution shall maintain a system of verifying the true identity of their customers and, in case of corporate and juridical entities, require a system verifying their legal existence and organizational existence and organizational structure as well as the authority and identification of all persons purporting to act on their behalf. Hence, to properly verify the identity of the clients, we collect the various information including but not limited to their full name, address, contact information, occupation and sources of funds.
We collect personal information when you:
- Apply for job with us, by submitting their biographical data, filling out application forms and personal data sheet, and other similar forms;
- Apply for our products and services by filling out credit or financing application forms, customer information form and signature card or by submitting necessary documents and other related forms in accordance with Section X806.b of BSP Circular 706, series of 2011 to establish a good business relationship;
- Get in touch with us to ask about something, file a complaint or request for service;
- Take part in our surveys to improve the product and services of the Bank; and
- Become our employee, consultant, partner, vendor, contractor or supplier;
When you apply for a loan or financing, our Account Officers and/or New Accounts Clerk attending to you will collect information through accomplished forms and will require you to submit requirements as stated in our checklist to facilitate payments and other transactions with us. We also gather third party information, such as information from credit bureau and other references, to allow us confirm the information you provided, or to ascertain the correctness of any applications, or to validate your credit standing.
WEB BROWSER COOKIES
But as of this date, the Bank’s website does not check cookies stored in your computer to obtain your personal information except for cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of the Bank’s website. Those cookies are necessary for you to be able to navigate around the site and use its features.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION ARE PROTECTED
In order to keep the confidentiality and security of your personal information, the Bank stores your information in secure operating environments accessible only to the Bank’s authorized employees. All forms, transaction files, signature cards, land titles held by the bank as loan securities and other important documents are stored inside the branch vaults. Loan files or Borrower’s Credit Folders are under the custody of a designated account officer in each cluster. Deposits and loan transactions are stored in a centralized server secured by a firewall, encryption and security controls.
We use industry-standard encryption to provide protection for your sensitive information if transfer of data is needed. We ensure that your personal data under our custody are protected against any accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration and disclosure as well as against any other unlawful processing, fraudulent misuse, and unauthorized access. We implemented appropriate organizational, technical, and physical security measures in storing collected personal information, depending on the nature of the information.
We allow processing of your information only to authorized personnel, with access restricted in accordance with their specific functions, who handle your personal information with strict confidentiality.
Lastly, the Bank promptly notify you the National Privacy Commission (NPC), when sensitive personal information that may, under the circumstances, be used to enable identity fraud are reasonably believed to have been acquired by an unauthorized person.
HOW LONG PERSONAL INFORMATION ARE KEPT
All personal information shall be retained only for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the information was obtained or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, or for legitimate business purposes, or as specified in the Bank’s policy on retention periods, or as provided by law pertinent to data retention.
After the specified retention period and with the discretion of the Bank, all digital/electronic format and paper-based/physical format of personal information shall be disposed and destroyed through secured means.
LINK TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to and from websites of government departments and other organizations. This Privacy Notice, however, only applies to www.amanahbank.gov.ph. Websites other than the Amanah Bank website may have privacy and user policies that deviate from this one. We encourage you to likewise take the time to read their site notices and policies. Also, for more on this subject, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and other related issuances of the National Privacy Commission (NPC).
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
Under RA 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012, Data Subject refers to an individual whose personal, sensitive personal or privileged information is processed. It is the Bank’s responsibility to observe and respect it’s data subjects’ privacy rights, including right to information, right to access, right to object, right to erasure or blocking, right to damages, right to file a complaint, right to rectify and right to data portability.
FEEDBACK ON THE BANK’S PRIVACY NOTICE